Fabric Boxes From Retreat are from a site called Seaside Stitches. If you want to visit the link, click on it below.
Fabric Box Link
Kate’s Block of the Month
Martha Washington is the block for this month.
So far, these are the blocks we have done. I know I missed meetings and I am not really sure at this point which block came at what meeting but here is the list, approved by Kate. Thank you Kate.
Right Hand of Friendship
Martha is appropriate for the month of July, is it not?
Here are the pics of those who did last months block, Right Hand of Friendship
Show and Tell, aka the “TADA” Portion of the Meeting
Strangely, WordPress will not let me load any more photos on this post. I will try posting the rest in a different entry.
WOW! Its been since October that I was at a meeting. Shiver me timbers! Way too long.
Here is the pattern that I forgot to add that Sherry showed everyone. Such cute bags.
Kate’s Block of the Month
If you have missed meetings, the blocks come from the book, Around The Block, by Judy Hopkins. If you would like to join in, by all means, buy the book and jump in.
The first block was the Ohio Star.
The second block was the Sawtooth Star.
The third is the Simplex Star.
The newest one, for the month of March is on page 106, its called Sarah’s Choice.
Rules of the game:
- You have to be a member of our guild. But you folks out on the internet can certainly participate.
- Enter 5 projects, officially at the meeting that you will quilt. These are basically tops that you have already completed. You just need to quilt them.
- The cost to enter is 5 fat quarters. In January of 2017, there will be a drawing from the people who joined. The winner (s) will receive fat quarters.
- The size of the project doesn’t matter (a bit reluctant about writing that down). Wall hangings on up.
- If you have a quilt top laying around that just needs borders, you can finish that up and then quilt that.
- All quilts must be done by December 31st, 2016. They must be quilted, bound and labeled. No rules about the quilting other than you have to do it yourself
Show and Tell Time!
Mary’s Two Quilts with Kim’s quilting have been entered into the Paducah Show.
Vicki’s Jewel Box Quilt Top
The Back of Jan’s Jewel Box Quilt
So sorry I missed this wonderful meeting. Looks like there was lots of beautiful things shown. Thankfully Carol volunteered to take pictures. I was able to at least see the wonderful quilts and such and share them with you.
The only thing I heard about from the meeting was this WAY COOL technique shared by Jill. I so need to hear more about that!
Was this something like you were talking about Jill. Great video only there is a lot of watching her paint. You can fast forward through those parts though. Lets see if I can get the video to appear below.